- Tour class Web Site at www.kmcauthor.com, previewing assignments and resources.
- Discussion: expectations and class procedures (ask questions if you have them!).
U0L2A1 Email and Daily Procedure (WF)
1. First, review the Guidelines for British Lit presentation (Guidelines for the Classroom.pptx, specifically the guidelines for emails, which can also be found in the presentation titled Email Guidelines and Assignment.pptx).
2. Following the email guidelines presented in the presentation, send me an email detailing what you should do each day at the beginning of class.
3. Then (also in the email), tell me what you should do (where you should go) if you are absent from class. My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make sure your email is formatted according to the guidelines and includes BOTH pieces of information.
You do NOT need to submit this assignment anywhere other than the email. You should send this email by 11:59 PM tonight.
U0L2A2: Avoiding Plagiarism (WF)
Watch the brief video on Plagiarism (Google drive, main directory). RE-read the information about plagiarism and academic honesty in the syllabus. Then, in a document, tell me what you will need to do differently from what you’ve done before in order to protect against plagiarism.
Submit your answer in Turnitin by 11:59 tonight.
U6L1A1: Diagnostic Assessment (NW)
Log in to NoRedInk (access code is in your CTLS Announcements for this class).
The diagnostic assignment has been divided into four separate parts that reflect major areas of concentration: Research, Parts of Speech, Mechanics, and Sentence Structure. You must complete ALL FOUR SECTIONS of the diagnostic by 11:59 Sunday. You WILL have some time in class tomorrow to work on this as well.