Standards: RI1, RI2, RL1, RL2, RL3, RL4, RL5, RL6, RL7, RL9, RL10, L4
- Finish Canterbury Tales Begin REV2017.ppt.
- What Does He Mean Chaucers Sardonic Wit.pptx.
- Read the first few lines of the prologue in Middle English (p. 97).
- Read the Wife of Bath's description & "The Wife of Bath's Tale" (139; Wife of Bath Description and Tale.pdf), answering “Second Viewing” questions 2, 4, 5 about the “Wife of Bath’s Tale” and respond to the following questions: A) How are Legally Blonde and “The Wife of Bath’s Tale” similar? B) What theme appears to be prevalent in both? C) What stereotype do both oppose? D) How is this relevant to the Medieval Period?
Standards: RI1, RI2, RL1, RL2, RL3, RL4, RL5, RL6, RL7, RL9, RL10, L1, L2, L4, L6
- Honors: Hand in Vocab Journal #2 and begin Vocab Journal #3 (Feb. 25-Mar. 8), due Mar. 12.
- In a patriarchal society, women are viewed ….
- Bechdel Test for Women in Movies:
- The Bechdel Test is the Worst: 0:45-1:10, movie statistics:
- Assign groups different critical perspectives (lenses): horticulturalist (a person who studies plants and tree), gerontologist (a person who studies aging), and a feminist.
- Read The Giving Tree and discuss what each of the different perspectives would see in the text.
- Read “Cinderella, the Legend” (pp. 140-142) marking Feminist Criticism (NOT Marxist), allusions, and words. Answer Qs 1-6 pp. 142-143 to hand in.
Standards: RL1, RL2, RL3, RL4, RL6, RL7, RL10, W2, W4, W9, W10
- Review Lead-ins/outs (Essay Guide ver. 5, pp. 73-92); Other_Ways_to_Say_Said_Poster_TipSheet.pdf, Synonyms for said.docx.
- Review Verb Tense and Literary Present.
- Go over how to cite texts. Note: Put the author and title of a literary work in the introduction of a literary analysis. As long as that is the only source you cite, it is not necessary to put the author’s name in the parenthetical citations. For this essay, you will cite paragraph number, as shown: “Quotation” (para. 5).
- Quoting Dialogue_NO.pptx.
- Unpack and begin Unit 2, EA 2, pp. 170-176; read and annotate texts twice, once for vocabulary and once for feministic lens.
Standards: RL1, RL2, RL3, RL4, RL6, RL7, RL10, W2, W4, W5, W9, W10, L3, L4, L5, L6
- Check vocab 5 CTS.
- Work on EA2.
- Reminder: You MAY NOT use first or second person pronouns. This paper MUST be written in third person!
- Vocab 6 CTRW
Standards: RL1, RL2, RL3, RL4, RL6, RL7, RL10, W2, W4, W5, W6, W9, W10, L6
- Check vocab.
- Work on EA2 in lab.
- Do NOT use first or second person pronouns. This paper MUST be written in third person!
- Vocab 6 Syn/Ant.