Standards: RL1, RL2, RL3, RL4, RL5, RL6, RL7, RL10, RI1, RI2, L1, L2, L3, L4, L6
-U6L5A10 Sentence Structure (47 Sentence Structure 12GE1915.pdf; 48 Sentence Structure 12GE1916.pdf).
-Watch Othello I ii Street Confrontation Kani.mpg (2:33) and Othello I ii Street Confrontation Fishburne.mpg (2:12). Compare/contrast clips, discussing gestures, tone, prop, costuming.
-Read I.iii through Othello’s explanation of what happened.
-Watch Othello I iii Othellos Story Fishburne.mpg.
- U3L3A1 Comparing Film Versions, Part II (RF): Read I.iii through Desdemona’s Divided Duty speech, then fill out the second page of the film comparison worksheet:
Othello I iii Divided Duty Kani.mpg (2:04)
Othello I iii Divided Duty Fishburne.mpg (1:53)
Othello I iii Divided Duty Walker.mpg (1:49)
-Finish reading I.iii.
-Watch Othello I iii I Hate the Moor Kani.mpg; Othello I iii I Hate the Moor Chess Set Fishburne.mpg
At the first instance of “Honest Iago,” begin a notation at the top of the chart listing every time someone refers to Iago as honest
-Hand in your vocabulary journal. You will not have another vocabulary journal due until
-U6L5A11 Sentence Structure Challenge (Name That Structure.pptx)
-Summarize II.i.1-59 (necessary only to explain setting/background)
-Switch to SparkNotes version to read lines 96-164 (discuss Marxist and Feminist lens)
-Watch Othello II i Courtesy Kani.mp4 (10:50)
-U3L3A2 Iago’s Plan Read Act II, scene i and answer the questions on the accompanying worksheet (Othello II.i.165-312 Questions.docx). This is due by 11:59 PM tonight.
- Remember to complete Othello study questions as review guide for test (Othello Unit Plan Yeah.pdf, pp. 17-18).
- Discuss II.i (worksheet) and watch clip of soliloquy: Othello II i 286-312 Iago Madness Soliloquy Kani.mpg.
- Read aloud for the class the proclamation that makes up Act II, scene ii and discuss what it means.
- Have student readers read 2.3.1-11 and discuss: Othello’s directions to Cassio and opinion of Iago.
- Groups plan and stage interactions: II.iii: 11-59; 60-116; 117-141; 142-161;162-195; 196-257; 258-292; 293-335; 336-388.
Key clips to watch after corresponding text:
Othello II iii 77-255 I Am Not Drunk Fishburne.mpg (7:08)
Othello II iii 261-388 Reputation Fishburne.mp4 (5:34)
Finish presentations from yesterday.
-Skip/summarize III.i.1-28 (comic relief)
-Read aloud the rest of III.i and III.ii.
-Read through III.iii.278, then show Othello III iii 1-269 Poison in the Ear Fishburne.mpg (8:14)
-Unique movie technique, flashback: Othello III iii 277-278 Flashback after Poison Fishburne.mpg (0:55)
-Create handkerchief chart, tracing every time the handkerchief is seen or mentioned.
-Read III.iii.317-326, examining Iago’s plan.
-Discuss meaning of entire thought containing the words “Trifles light as air.”
-If there is extra time, watch Appearance vs Reality in Othello.mp4 (13:10 mins.) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EztNFiBCndo