Review conclusions (Essay Guide pp. 115-117). Add a conclusion to your research paper.
Review the link that should be made between the parenthetical citations and the entries on the Works Cited page and remind students to update the Works Cited page to reflect the sources that were actually cited in their papers.
Remind students that this is a formal paper and that their language should reflect an appropriately scholarly diction (no contractions, abbreviations, or first or second-person pronouns, numbers written out, etc.).
Essay Guide resources: pp. 118-124, 130-139 (completed example essay).
U4L3A5 Final Research Paper
Completed paper is due to Turnitin by 11:59 PM on Saturday, November 13.
Finalize and hand in your research paper - REMEMBER: Only ONE group member should submit the final paper.
- U4L1A5 Paradise Lost: Milton (475, 516-521; Milton.ppt)( Paradise Lost NotesREV.doc; Fall of Satan Bible Verses.docx).
- Read/discuss from Paradise Lost (pp. 524-534).
- Presentation: Romanticism in Britain.ppt thru slide 11.
- Finish Romantics presentation, taking notes on poems, then:
U4L1A6 The Romantics (RF)
Consider the poetry presented in the presentation Romanticism in Britain. Then, go to the U4L1A6 The Romantics Discussion on the discussion board (in the Discussion Board in CTLS) and answer the following questions:
1. Which poem do you feel best reflects the message of the British Romantics?
2. Why do you think so?
3. Which poem do you like the best?
4. Why do you like that one?
Once you have posted your answers, respond to the answers posted by at least TWO of your classmates. Provide thoughtful, polite responses, reflecting on and reacting to what was said (more than just simple affirmations).
Post your initial answers by 11:59 PM on Friday, November 12 and your responses to your peers by Saturday, Nov. 13 at 11:59 PM.