- In the paper, underline your claim statement (it should be the LAST sentence of your introduction).
- Underline EACH topic sentence (topic sentences should be the FIRST sentence of each body paragraph, should link directly to the claim, and should identify the subject of the body paragraph).
- Consider revising the way you’ve said things to add rhetorical devices (see pages 106-111, 141-142 of the Essay Guide).
- Make sure every quotation has a lead-in and a lead-out (NO sentence may begin with a quotation; NO paragraph may end with a quotation).
- Consider each body paragraph – do you have enough scholarly evidence in each paragraph to really make your point? (EVERY point must be thoroughly supported by scholarly evidence. If it isn’t, consider adding more paraphrases and quotations – and cite them!!).
- READ your paper and make sure every idea is clear (reading it aloud will help you find errors).
- Make sure you’ve used the required number of scholarly sources in your paper (check the rubric if you don’t remember how many you were required to use).
- Submit your research paper to U4L4A5 Completed Research Paper in Turnitin.
- Editing and Proofreading: Essay Guide, pp. 114-120
- Videos in Google drive --> Writing --> Videos.
- Common Violations of Scholarly Writing.pptx (CTLS Resources & Google drive --> Writing)
- Your feedback analysis sheet you completed for your Feminist lens essay.
- Rhetorical devices: Essay Guide, pp. 106-111, 141-142
- Rubric Worksheet Presentation Ans.pptx
Papers are due by Sunday, April 18 at 11:59 PM.