Research, Day 17
Today you will type your baseline research paper. At this point, it is okay if each paragraph has only the topic sentence and 2 to 3 additional sentences. Follow these steps:
- Open your research paper file.
- Put away all of your notes and articles (do NOT look at them while you complete this next step!).
- You already have the topic sentences for your paragraph (look at your feedback and make sure you haven’t received feedback that indicates you need to fix/change something!).
- Type your body paragraphs (WITHOUT LOOKING AT YOUR SOURCES!!).
- Just type. You have the topic sentences to tell you what point you are trying to make in each paragraph – that is all you need. Just type your paper. Say what you want to say. Make the points that you want to make. Don’t worry about quoting or citing anything at this point. Just say what you want to say. If you remember that there is a particularly vivid detail or statistic that you want to use, DON’T LOOK IT UP. If you don’t remember the actual number, just use the # sign in place of the number – you will look it up later. Read pages 53-61 in the Essay Guide for direction and examples.
- You will NOT submit this to Turnitin. You will continue with the next step in this same file.
Check Vocab 12 CTS.
Contact: My normal online “office hours” will are from 10:30 until noon, Monday thru Thursday. If you have a question or concern, you may email me and I will get right back to you. If you email me outside of office hours, I WILL respond, but there might be a delay in the response since I do occasionally have to get out of this desk chair! 😊 If you need to speak with me, email me and we can set up a time to talk via phone or ZOOM.
Email: I have been corresponding with many of you via email, and I would like to make a request. When you email me, please sign your email (or at least make sure your first AND last name are both in your email address). I have received several unsigned emails that I wasn’t really sure who the sender was (Email doesn’t work like a text message – you need to tell me who you are rather than assuming I will know.). Who knows? I might have been answering questions for students who aren’t even mine! (I hope their teacher doesn’t mind! :-D).
Assignments: I will post the day’s assignments by 9:30 every morning.
Have a great day! Stay safe and healthy!