Standards: RI1, RI2, RI3, RI4, RI5, RI6, RI7, RI9, W2, W4, W6, W7, W8, W10
- Review rules for scholarly essays (personal pronouns, abbreviations, contractions, numbers, etc.) with Common Violations of Scholarly Writing.pptx.
- LAST DAY IN LAB to finalize/complete essays.
- Labeling and Handing in Your Research Paper SP19.docx.
Student Holiday/Teacher Workday
Standards: RL1, RL2, RL3, RL4, RL5, RL6, RL7, RL10, SL1, L3, L4, L6
- Hand in Vocab Journal #5.
- Go over vocab.
- Request for Grade Revision .docx.
- Labeling and Handing in Your Research Paper SP19 .docx.
- Introduce idea of rigid social divisions (Marxist social structure) that are pronounced in Victorian society and continue into the Modern period.
- Introduce idea of English being able to tell origin and social class of individuals based on accent alone.
- Begin watching My Fair Lady.
My Fair Lady
HW: Vocab 12 Syn/Ant.
Standards: RL1, RL2, RL3, RL4, RL5, RL6
- Watch My Fair Lady, discussing Marxist and feminist lens that is so relevant to 17th and 18th century.
- Reflection: What limitations did the people of this era experience based on prejudice?