Please note that the daily assignments are separated into a Research section and a Vocabulary section. I also add additional notes to the end of the day’s assignments. Be sure to read and complete all sections! All assignments are due by 11:59 PM to Turnitin.com. If you are having difficulty meeting this deadline, you need to discuss your situation with me individually and I will help you come up with a solution.
Here’s what you need to do to complete the Day 10 Research assignment:
Today and Monday, you will be annotating your sources. Please note that annotating sources does NOT mean just highlighting or underlining. If you just underline or highlight a sentence, every time you go back and look at it you will have to re-read it and figure out why you highlighted it in the first place. EVERY TIME YOU LOOK AT IT!!! That is a LOT of wasted time. Be kind to yourself and leave bread crumbs or key words (as an added bonus, it will help you write your paper!). Here’s how to do it:
- As you read an article, highlight information that you think is particularly important.
- In the margin, leave yourself a note that tells what that piece of information pertains to (the topic, such as Dangers, Consequences, Benefits, and so forth).
- For more information, read pages 39 and 40 in the Essay Guide.
Research Paper Rubric Activity 3
- Find your handout titled “Research Paper Rubric * British Literature *” or go to the Google drive Writing folder and download “Research paper rubric SP20.”
- Go to Turnitin, click on the Discussions tab, and answer the following questions about the research paper (the answers are found on the rubric) in the Research Paper Rubric 3 discussion.
- In the “Analysis” section of the rubric, it says that an Exemplary paper will have “Skillfully chosen evidence.” What does that mean?
- The same section says that “Quotes remain in context.” How do you establish the context for a quote?
Check your answers to Vocab 11 Syn and Ant and start working on Vocab 11 CTS.
Contact: My normal online “office hours” will be from 10:30 until noon, Monday thru Friday. If you have a question or concern, you may either email me or tune into the live office hours on ZOOM. I posted information Monday on how to access the live session. Scroll down to read that information. I also posted the ZOOM access ID code to the “On the Web” page of our class web site so you don’t have to scroll down every day to get the access code. If you email me outside of office hours, I WILL respond, but there might be a delay in the response since I do occasionally have to get out of this desk chair! 😊
Email: I have been corresponding with many of you via email, and I would like to make a request. When you email me, please sign your email (or at least make sure your first AND last name are both in your email address). I have received several unsigned emails that I wasn’t really sure who the sender was (Email doesn’t work like a text message – you need to tell me who you are rather than assuming I will know.). Who knows? I might have been answering questions for students who aren’t even mine! (I hope their teacher doesn’t mind! :-D).
Assignments: I will post the day’s assignments by 9:30 every morning.
Have a great day! Stay safe and healthy!