Standards: RL1, RL2, RL3, RL4, RL6, RL7, RL10, W2, W4, W5, W6, W9, W10, L6
- Check vocab.
- Review Literary Present.
- Put the author and title of a literary work in the introduction of a literary analysis. As long as that is the only source you cite, it is not necessary to put the author’s name in the parenthetical citations. For this essay, you will cite paragraph number, as shown: “Quotation” (para. 5).
- Quoting Dialogue_NO.pptx.
- Review Lead-ins/outs (Essay Guide ver. 5, pp. 73-92); Other_Ways_to_Say_Said_Poster_TipSheet.pdf, Synonyms for said.docx.
- Remind and go over examples of topic sentences and tie to thesis.
- Work on EA2 in lab (MLA Format and Lead-ins Feedback MLA8 SP19.docx).
- You MUST use at least 5 vocabulary words from units 3, 4, or 5.
- This paper MUST be written in third person!
Standards: RI1, RI2, RI3, RI4, RI5, RI6, RI7, RI9
L1, L2, L4, L6
- Work on essay in lab – final workday. Essay due Thursday.
Standards: RI1, RI2, RI3, RI4, RI5, RI6, RI7, RI9, RL1, RL2, RL3, RL4, RL5, RL6, RL7, RL10, L6
- 3rd and 4th - Take up Beowulf essay feedback analysis
- Renaissance notes (Renaissance 2017.ppt, Renaissance Monarch Chart.doc; Tudor Family Tree.pptx; Richard III, King found under parking lot, laid to rest – CNN.pdf; Richard III_ Five things we've learned since he was found – CNN.pdf).
Standards: L1, RL1, RL2, RL3, RL4, RL5, RL6, RL7, RL10
- Go over vocab.
- Collect remaining Beowulf essays.
- Discuss Cultural Criticism, p. 184, #1.
- Marxist Anticipation Guide (2014 Springboard Text 2.14 p. 117).
- Read/discuss description of Marxist Criticism, p. 132.
- Think/Pair/Share Essential Question #2, p. 102.
- Have volunteers prepare dialogue on p. 117 with scenarios.
- Discuss subtext.
- “How is My Perspective Shaped?” discussion (p. 103).
- Introduce task, tracing motifs: Othello Evidence Log New.docx; Perspectives in Othello_Lenses.docx; Resources: Literary Theories Combined.docx.
- Begin Othello.
- Read Othello, I.i and discuss Cultural Criticism.
Standards: L1, RL1, RL2, RL3, RL4, RL5, RL6, RL7, RL9, RL10, L1, L6
- CP Hand in Vocab Journal 2.
- Hand out Othello study guide (Othello Unit Plan Yeah.pdf, pp. 17-18).
- I.i “I Am Not What I Am” clip comparison.
- Finish I.i.
- Analyze I.i with activity 3.7, pp. 198-199.