U0L2A1 Email and Daily Procedure (WF)
1. First, review the Guidelines for British Lit presentation (Guidelines for British Lit.pptx, specifically the guidelines for emails, which can also be found in the presentation titled Email Guidelines and Assignment).
2. Following the email guidelines presented in the presentation, send me an email detailing what you should do each day at the beginning of class.
3. Then (also in the email), tell me what you should do (where you should go) if you are absent from class.
Make sure your email is formatted according to the guidelines and includes BOTH pieces of information.
You do NOT need to submit this assignment anywhere other than the email. You should send this email by 11:59 PM on Thursday, 5 Aug.
U0L2A2: Avoiding Plagiarism (WF)
Watch the brief video on plagiarism (Google drive, main directory). RE-read the information about plagiarism and academic honesty in the syllabus. Then, in a document, tell me what you will need to do differently from what you’ve done before in order to protect against plagiarism.
Submit your answer in Turnitin by 11:59 on Thursday, 5 Aug.
U0L2A3: Documenting a Source (NG)
1. In Resources, or on the class web site/Google drive, locate the Essay Guide (titled Your Essay Guide Ver. 12.pdf).
2. Use the Table of Contents in the Essay Guide to find the section titled “MLA Format: Step-by-Step Bibliographic Citations.” The page numbers in the Table of Contents of the PDF are hyperlinks that will take you directly to the appropriate section if you click on them.
3. In the first unit, we will be reading Beowulf. We have a text in class. The cover and some pages of this text are available in the Google drive in the 1 Anglo-Saxons folder (Cover and TOC to xxxiii.pdf and Beowulf Text.pdf) but at home you may want to use an online version (please be aware that the online version has different line numbers than the textbook version). Click this link to open the online text: https://www.bpi.edu/ourpages/auto/2017/9/13/42764661/beowulf__raffel_translation_.pdf
4. Use the step-by-step guide and create a bibliographic citation for the Beowulf text we will be using (book or online version). Submit this citation in Turnitin by 11:59 PM on Thursday, 5 Aug.
U6L1A1: GUM Pre-Assessment (NW)
This is an in-class assignment. If you are absent from class, you will need to see your teacher to make up the pre-assessment.