Standards: RL1, RL2, RL3, RL4, RL6, RL7, RL10, W2, W4, W5, W6, W9, W10, L6
- Work on EA2 in lab.
- Do NOT use first or second person pronouns. This paper MUST be written in third person!
- Vocab Unit 5 CTRW
Standards: SL1, SL2, L1, L4, L6
- Collect remaining essays.
- Think/Pair/Share Essential Questions, p. 102.
- “How is My Perspective Shaped?” discussion (p. 103).
- Stop light: Archetype, Feminist, Marxist with post-its (Individual, p. 103, then group post-it).
- Archetypes Induction.ppt activity (c:\mine\Lit Analysis).
- Heroic Myth Index test.doc.
- Read the last paragraph on p. 103 and write the name of the film (Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone) at the top of page 104.
- Show clips 28:50-46:00 AND 2:14:00-2:23:59 and have students quickwrite about one character.
- Vocab 5 Syn/Ant.
Standards: L1, L2, L4, L6, SL1, SL2
- Show the Harry Potter clips again and have students think-pair-share the questions on page 104.
Standards: L1, L4, L6 SL1, SL2, SL4, SL5
- Present architypes from Visualizing Archetypes activity (p. 104)..
- Discuss “Check Your Understanding” (p. 104) question in large group.
- Have groups review individual confidence of archetypes (p. 103) then group placement of sticky notes on stop light.
- Vocab 5 CTS.
Standards: RI1, RI2, RI3, RI4, RI5, RI6, RI7, RI9
L1, L2, L4, L6
- Renaissance notes (Renaissance 2017.ppt, Renaissance Monarch Chart.doc; Tudor Family Tree.pptx).
- Elizabeth’s speech to the troops – SOAPStone analysis (SOAPSTone.doc).
- Queen Elizabeth I Speech - Against the Spanish Armada.pdf; Queen Elizabeth I Speech Before Her Troops MC Qs.docx; Queen Elizabeth I - Speech to the Troops at Tilbury.mp4.
- Vocab Unit 6 CTRW.