Standards: RI1, RI2, RI4, RI5, RI6, RI10, SL1, SL3, SL4, SL6, W1-3 (as selected by student), W5, W10, L1, L2, L6
- Vocab Notebook Brit.docx – First Vocab journal due Jan. 30.
- GUM Review: Verbs, Transitive and Intransitive (7 Trans Intrans Verbs 12GE1707.pdf and 8 Trans Intrans Verbs 12GE1708.pdf).
- WW1, page 5, read aloud Stage 1 quotation. Individuals complete #1; then, groups complete #2. Individuals complete #3.
- WW1, Prewriting, page 5. Read aloud quotation. Groups discuss quotation, then individuals, with the group’s assistance and feedback, complete SOAPSTone for chosen topic. Hand in individual SOAPSTone at the beginning of next class.
Standards: R10, W1-3 (as selected by student), W4, W5, W10, L1, L2
- GUM Review: Verb Phrases (9 Verb Phrases 12GE1709.pdf and 10 Verb Phrases 12GE1710.pdf).
- Check SOAPSTone.
- Individuals complete assignment in #s 12 and 13. Finish first draft for homework.
Standards: R10, W1-3 (as selected by student), W4, W5, W10, SL1, SL3, L1, L2
- GUM Review: Adverbs and Prepositions (13 Adverbs 12GE1713.pdf and 14 Adverbs 12GE1714.pdf).
- Prepositions (15 Prepositions 12GE1715.pdf and 16 Prepositions 12GE1716.pdf).
- Read aloud Sharing and Responding quotation from p. 7 of WW1.
- Groups complete activities in prompts 14-16. First, agree on two writing group norms of behavior (#15): then, individuals should read aloud their papers and groups provide discussion/critique based on questions accompanying #16.
- Individuals should take notes on the feedback they receive from their peers and revise papers overnight (#s 18 and 19).
Standards: W1-3 (as selected by student), W4, W5, W10, SL1, SL3, L1, L2
- Students type essays, with revisions.
- If students have additional time, they may read independently.
- Students must bring completed, typed essay with them to class tomorrow.