Standards: RL1, RL2, RL4, RL5, RL6, RL10
- “Hand in two POL poems, fully annotated according to guidelines, with TPFASTT charts.
- I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud” p. 341
Standards: RL1, RL2, RL4, RL5, RL6, RL10, W2, W4, W5, W9
- “We Real Cool” p. 304.
- “Fiddler Jones” Fiddler Jones.docx; TPFASTT Poetry Analysis.docx
- EOC Prep AdvOrg Prompt Masters.docx.
- EOC Prep Poetry Prompt Masters wRubric.docx. CEI for Masters.docx.
- Read in choice reading.
Standards: RL1, RL2, RL4, RL5, RL6, RL10, RI1, RI5, W2, W4, W5, W9
- “Hanging Fire” p. 318.
- Evaluate CEI paragraph: Analyze figurative language and characterization in poetry.
- Gallery walks and score/give feedback on team CEI paragraphs.
- Peer editing arguments: the sequel. What needs refining?
- Poetry mixer.
Standards: RL1, RL2, RL4, RL5, RL6, RL10, SL1, W10
- “Poemcrazy” pp. 291-294. Stop at paragraph 26 and create a wordpool with one of the images provided in a gallery (Amazing Photos.pptx).
- Create a word pool with your group.
- View images and compose a poem based on the image. Use words from the word pool.
Standards: RL1, RL2, RL4, RL5, RL6, RL10, SL6
- “Harlem” and “Hope is the thing with feathers” pp. 342-343.