Freshman Guidance in lab 113.
GROUP PRESENTATIONS AND BINDERS with GROUP DELIVERABLES DUE.
- Finish watching Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
- Activity 2.16, pp. 166-167. Read “Segment One” and complete chart with opening credits of Edward Scissorhands. Discuss.
- Read “Segment Two,” complete chart, and discuss. Assign techniques (camera angles, framing, lighting, sound) to group members – techniques will rotate among members over next three viewing activities.
- Discuss “Check Your Understanding” (p. 167).
- Read “Discussion Questions” (p. 168), so students will know what to keep an eye out for.
- View Scenes 3-5 (0:05:17-0:26:32) and discuss questions.
- Assign cinematic techniques within groups (chart p. 169).
- View scenes 5-13 (0:26:39-0:51:44) and record notes on chart, p. 169 (different technique than last viewing - camera angles, framing, lighting, sound).
- Using template on p. 173 as a guide, students will write a CEI paragraph about Burton’s style and the effect on the audience.
- Class discuss questions, p. 172.
End Fourth Quarter 12/14/18
- SRI Post-test in 9129.
- Finish ZINC assignments.