Please see the announcements in CTLS on Saving Internet Articles and Documenting Internet Sources (there are videos to help you).
U4L3A2 Research Paper Rubric Analysis
- Download the research paper rubric, titled “Research paper rubric FA20.”
- Download the file titled “Rubric Worksheet.”
- Use the rubric to answer the questions on the rubric worksheet.
- Submit your worksheet with the answers to Turnitin by 11:59 PM.
Beginning Your Research
1. Download the MLA Format Template Essay from the Writing folder of the Google drive.
2. Personalize the file with YOUR name in the running header and the top line of the 4-line heading.
3. Adjust the class name and date appropriately.
4. Create a clever title for your research paper and put it in the title space (with title case capitalization).
5. Change the first couple of lines to YOUR claim statement.
6. Save the file as “YOURLASTNAME research paper.” You will create your entire research paper in this file.
7. Scroll to the last page of your research paper file. It already has the title, Works Cited, at the top. As you conduct your research and locate sources for your paper, you will create a bibliographic citation for each source you find on the Works Cited page.
8. Read page 17 of the Essay Guide and watch one or more of the following videos:
9. Begin searching for articles that you can use for your research paper to support your claim.
8. As you find each good article, SAVE it on your computer and create a bibliographic citation for the article on the Works Cited page of your research paper file. (If you aren’t sure how to save a copy of your articles or if you need help creating the bibliographic citations, read the information below this post.)