1. First, review the Virtual Learning Expectations MC2.pdf and, if you weren’t present for class yesterday, view the Guidelines for the Virtual Classroom presentation (Guidelines for the Virtual Classroom.pptx).
2. Following the email guidelines presented in class yesterday (and in the presentation), send me an email listing the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places you should look each day at the beginning of class.
3. Then (also in the email), tell me what you should do (where you should go) if CTLS doesn’t appear to be working.
Make sure your email is formatted according to the guidelines and includes BOTH pieces of information.
You do not need to submit this assignment anywhere other than the email. You should send this email by 11:59 PM on Friday, Jan. 8.
Watch the brief video on plagiarism (Google drive, main directory). Then, in a document, tell me what you will need to do differently from what you’ve done before in order to protect against plagiarism.
Submit your answer in Turnitin by 11:59 on Friday, Jan. 8.
U0L2A3: Documenting a Source
1. In Resources, or on the class web site/Google drive, locate the Essay Guide (titled Your Essay Guide Ver. 11.pdf).
2. Use the Table of Contents in the Essay Guide to find the section titled “MLA Format: Step-by-Step Bibliographic Citations.” The page numbers in the Table of Contents of the PDF are hyperlinks that will take you directly to the appropriate section if you click on them.
3. In the first unit, we will be using an online version of Beowulf. Click this link to open the text in a new tab: https://www.bpi.edu/ourpages/auto/2017/9/13/42764661/beowulf__raffel_translation_.pdf
4. Use the step-by-step guide and create a bibliographic citation for the online version of the Beowulf text we will be using. Submit this citation in Turnitin by 11:59 PM on Friday, Jan. 8.