1. Look at the Canterbury Tales Begin REV2017 presentation for background info on the text.
2. Look carefully at the presentation titled What Does He Mean Chaucers Sardonic Wit and figure out what Chaucer is REALLY saying about each of these characters – he’s not being as nice as it first appears that he is.
3. Read lines 1-41 of the Prologue to the Canterbury Tales found at https://www.dvusd.org/cms/lib011/AZ01901092/Centricity/Domain/2891/Canterbury%20Tales%20prologue.pdf (or Prologue Before Characters.pdf).
4. Read the description of the Wife of Bath from the Prologue to the Canterbury Tales (lines 455-486 of Wife of Bath Description and Tale.pdf).
5. Begin reading the Wife of Bath’s tale at https://www.b-g.k12.ky.us/userfiles/1049/The-Wife-of-Bath-s-Tale%20text.pdf.