Please note that the daily assignments are separated into a Research section and a Vocabulary section. I also add additional notes to the end of the day’s assignments. Be sure to read and complete all sections! All assignments are due by 11:59 PM to Turnitin.com. If you are having difficulty meeting this deadline, you need to discuss your situation with me individually and I will help you come up with a solution.
Here’s what you need to do to complete the Day 9 Research assignment:
Today you will finish creating and submit the Annotated Bibliography that you started yesterday. This Annotated Bibliography will demonstrate that you meet the definition of literate according to Zurkowski in that you know how to locate, evaluate, and cite scholarly sources. Today will focus on creating the summary and scholarly assessment for the source.
- Open the Annotated Bibliography document you created yesterday.
- Go to Google Drive à Writing à Videos and watch “0 Annotated Bib Step by Step A” and “0 Annotated Bib Step by Step B.”
- Finish your annotated bibliography by adding the summary and assessment after the citation you created yesterday. Make sure the entire document is in proper MLA format and the entry is in ONE hanging indent.
- Submit the entry to Turnitin.
- I have put the answers to the rubric questions here, with a day delay between the questions and the answers to give everyone a chance to post their answers on the discussion board. You are getting credit for trying to answer the questions on your own BEFORE the answers are posted, but it is important that you check your answers to make sure you really understand the requirements.
- Check your answers here:
- How many vocabulary words are you required to use correctly in your research paper? 10
- What is the difference between an Exemplary conclusion and a Meets conclusion? An Exemplary conclusion will go beyond mere summary. A good way to do this is to consider the future. What will happen if people agree with you and take action? If people fail to take action, what is a potential unfortunate consequence?
Check your answers to Vocab 11 CTRW and complete Vocab 11 Syn and Ant.
Contact: My normal online “office hours” will be from 10:30 until noon, Monday thru Friday. If you have a question or concern, you may either email me or tune into the live office hours on ZOOM. I posted information Monday on how to access the live session. Scroll down to read that information. I also posted the ZOOM access ID code to the “On the Web” page of our class web site so you don’t have to scroll down every day to get the access code. If you email me outside of office hours, I WILL respond, but there might be a delay in the response since I do occasionally have to get out of this desk chair! 😊
Email: I have been corresponding with many of you via email, and I would like to make a request. When you email me, please sign your email (or at least make sure your first AND last name are both in your email address). I have received several unsigned emails that I wasn’t really sure who the sender was (Email doesn’t work like a text message – you need to tell me who you are rather than assuming I will know.). Who knows? I might have been answering questions for students who aren’t even mine! (I hope their teacher doesn’t mind! :-D).
Assignments: I will post the day’s assignments by 9:30 every morning.
Have a great day! Stay safe and healthy!