If you want to begin work on the next step on your research paper, follow these steps:
- Open your research paper file.
- Put away all of your notes and articles (do NOT look at them while you complete this next step!).
- You already have the topic sentences for your paragraph (look at your feedback and make sure you haven’t received feedback that indicates you need to fix/change something!).
- Type your body paragraphs (WITHOUT LOOKING AT YOUR SOURCES!!).
- Just type. You have the topic sentences to tell you what point you are trying to make in each paragraph – that is all you need. Just type your paper. Say what you want to say. Make the points that you want to make. Don’t worry about quoting or citing anything at this point. Just say what you want to say. If you remember that there is a particularly vivid detail or statistic that you want to use, DON’T LOOK IT UP. If you don’t remember the actual number, just use the # sign in place of the number – you will look it up later. Read pages 53-61 in the Essay Guide for direction and examples.